A Different Kettle Of Fish

Thursday, August 18, 2005

People we didn't book #1 - Karl Kennedy

We tried to book Karl Kennedy aka Alan Fletcher and his band The Waiting Room to play at ADKoF.

We used such flattery as:

"I'd just like to say I'm a big fan of your work, both on
Neighbours and in Waiting Room. I love the new album, my favourite
track is Mattress On The Floor - being a student myself, it really
struck a chord, however we don't get the cockroaches over here!"

His reply:

"Thanks for kind words on the album!

We are going to be in Birmingham in November but I believe it will be
at the Walkabout. The tour is almost completely finalised and I will
send detalils when it is.

Thanks for the offer but don't think it can work.

Cheers
Fletch"

So near and yet so far. Karl Kennedy chooses to play for an evil corporate theme bar chain rather than a small upcoming indie night. So much for his indie credibility!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home